Sunday, November 27, 2011

Episode#35-Devil take the Hindmost

One of Meggie's all time fav's. This is practically word for word the song from the musical. It's a fun song to sing with your friends (draw sticks to see whose the Phantom and whose Raoul) fun song, I suggest you put it on your iPod or MP3 or get on uTube and listen. Fun song. I'll shut up and type the story now.Alfright, Imagine this, Raoul's drunk out of his mind and the bar tender just left him to well, be drunk. Any way, its like the bar scene from star wars, but with hot dudes.

Raoul-Sir! I'm not afraid of him! I've bested him before...and if he ever had to courage to meet me face to face! Man to man!

Phantom-Not afraid of me you say?

Raoul-S-stay back! Or I'll kill you, I promise you!

Phantom-Ah, of course. As you say you've beaten me before, but that was a long time ago, Vicomte, and we were playing a different game. Look at you, deep in debt, stinking drunk, pitiful. Shall we two, make a bet? Devil take the hindmost?

Raoul-Look at you! Foul as sin! Hideous, horrible! Call the stakes! Deal me in! Devil take the Hindmost!

Phantom-Our Christine, shall choose tonight.

Raoul-Let her choose

Phantom-Is she yours or mine?

Raoul-Draw the line!

Phantom-If she sings, you lose tonight

Raoul-I won't lose!

Phantom-You leave from here

Raoul-Fine!

Phantom-Disappear

Raoul-And if she won't? If I win?

Phantom-All you debts, wiped away

Raoul-Very well, lets begin

Both-Devil take the hindmost

(simeltaniously)

Phantom-Old game, its change, every chance, risking her. All the rules, rearanged. Fate has redesigned most.

Raoul-You think you have the odds, you think you in control. You think you've fixed the dice, well I will gladly roll. I'll bet against the hous, I'll even double down. Fortunes on my side, I won her long ago, I won her from you then, I'd wager even now, I'll win her back again and-

Phantom-Cut the deck, let us play, roll your die, once again

In the end

Raoul-Either way!

Both-Devil take the hindmost
Now Christine, shall choose at last. Is she yours or mine!

Raoul-We've a son. Our bonds secure

Phantom-Are you sure?

Raoul-What

Phantom-Are you so sure

Raoul-What do you mean?

Phantom-Such a child, strange to see, different, musical

Raoul-Huh?

Phantom-Is he more? You or me, which one do you find most?

Raoul-You lie!

Both-devil take the hindmost!!

Phantom-SHE WALKS, YOU LEAVE TOGETHER, POCKETS FULL, DEBTS PAYED. SHE SINGS, ...you leave alone. Devil take the hindmost...
*leaves*

Raoul-My God. What have I done?

No comments:

Post a Comment