Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Episode#131-Madame Giry's Last Breath

Meg-Momma? Momma, are you awake?

MmeGiry-Yes, Meggie...I'm here.

Meg-Momma...

MmeGiry-Shh...s-so, what have you been up to?

Meg-I've been around with uncle Alex

MmeGiry-*Sigh* Good. That's what I wanted to hear. You heard he and I were betrothed, correct?

Meg-Yes, momma.

MmeGiry-Meg, I'm going to tell you things, because now, I'm not going to be here anymore. And because you're a strong woman now. A strong woman.

Meg-...Momma?

MmeGiry-I was very much in love with Alex. He and I were not close, until I was about 15. He was one of the boys who used to knock on the door of my room, he and many others. He too me out and we had such fun! When we found out we were cousins, our families sealed the deal, we were to be wed. But, It wasn't the fact that I didn't love him. It's that I loved someone else more.

Meg-Papa.

MmeGiry-...

Meg-...It was Papa...wasn't it?

MmeGiry-...No, Meg. It was another man. He was so sweet. His name was Lucien. He was...beautiful. In every way. When he wanted to join the war, I didn't question it...he didn't even last the first week. I married your papa because I was getting old, and your papa had the most money.

Meg-Then Papa died and you raise me on your own.

MmeGiry-...Only half is true.

Meg-Momma!

MmeGiry-Your father didn't die. Whether he is dead now or not...who knows? But he did not die. He left us, Meg. For some low class, scarlet woman. No good, Meg. No good. That's why I lead you to Alex.He needs you. This country needs you. They need a great ruler...he isn't it. Meg, before I go, I need you to marry Alex. He will take you as his bride. He's too old to know the difference in anything. But you...my Meggie. You are strong and can rule this country. Erik didn't lie when he told us about Empress Meg, Darling. Erik never lies, remember that. Oh! Oh darling! The pain! Honey, If it is my time you have to let me go, alright? good. I love you, Meggie. My strong little ballerina. You were perfect, no matter what they said. Oh! Lucien? Is that you?I'm coming!I'm coming...

*Madame Giry shakes and dies*

Meg-...Momma. No. No time for tears today. There's work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment